Worth reviewing for the social work licensing exam, Lawrence Kohlberg's Stages of Moral Development. Pick your source--they all say more-or-less the same thing:
Here's a video walk-through from Sprouts:
And here's Wikipedia's version:
Level 1 (Pre-Conventional)
1. Obedience and punishment orientation
(How can I avoid punishment?)
2. Self-interest orientation
(What's in it for me?)
(Paying for a benefit)
Level 2 (Conventional)
3. Interpersonal accord and conformity
(The good boy/girl attitude)
4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation
(Law and order morality)
Level 3 (Post-Conventional)
5. Social contract orientation
6. Universal ethical principles
For more detail, try this detailed walk through the stages (includes a quick, free practice question).
Will this be on the exam? Maybe, maybe not. Is this part of life? Seems to be!
Good luck on the exam.
October 2, 2013